Re: X in Woody: you gotta be fscking kidding!

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Jason Thomas wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 04:28:03AM +0200, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 04:03:59PM -0500, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> >
> > > 3. nVidia drivers are not in dexconf's database. If you use an
> > >    nVidia card, ignore dexconf's questions and see 0.
> >
> > It is, and has been as long as I remember. The name is nv
>
> its there for me!

Yup.

But there are also higly broken, non-free, "official" drivers from nvidia.
Still, if they work, they're a lot faster and provide some features that
the Open "nv" driver does not.

Not that I would even try to use them, but some people prefer these...

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"
  -- From the movie "Antitrust"