Re: Managing Netscape cache and cookies...

on Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 09:57:06AM -0400, Dale Scheetz (dwarf@polaris.net) wrote:
> I've been having some trouble with netscape connecting to sites that I've
> connected to before. Mozilla connects with them just fine, and after
> talking with several webmasters on the sites I've had trouble with, it
> looks like Netscape is keeping out-of-date cookies. As there are a lot of
> seemingly interconnected files related to cookies, I'm reticent to simply
> delete the cookies file.
>
> Memory says that there is a menu option that will allow clearing of cache
> and cookies, but I've been unable to locate this feature.
>
> Can someone give me some pointers on how to handle this. Can I simply
> delete all the files in cache and the cookies file?

You can delete your cache file.  Better yet, set cache to zero and use a
squid proxy on your firewall.

You can either edit out (delete) cookie entries in your cookie file, or
delete the entire file.  Modifying a specific cookie may make a site
unhappy.

If you want to preserve settings, copy the file elsewhere while you're
experimenting.

Peace.