Re: initrd

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:08:00PM -0500, waynes@techgod.net wrote:
| How do I set up my Debian workstation to use initrd, so I can
| upgrade my Kernel with apt/dselect?

What bootloader do you use?  BTW, you can install the new kernel but
still use the old one until you adjust your bootloader to use the new
one.

I use grub, and the following section works fine for initrd enabled
kernels :

title       Debian GNU/Linux (stock kernel 2.4.9)
root        (hd0,0)
kernel      /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.9-686 root=/dev/hda4 read-only initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.9-686 apm=on devfs=mount
initrd      /boot/initrd-2.4.9-686

HTH,
-D