From: Raffaele Sandrini [mailto:rasa2@gmx.ch]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 2:41 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Moving Debian to a new PC

Hi,

I have bought me a new computer.

I i'm womndering how i can manage it to get ALL of the data from my Linux partition to the new system WITHOUT LOOSING ANY PERMISSION AND FILE DATA. I must be over the LAN. I can't change HDDs. I think that NFS is not good for that... due permission problems. is it possible to generate a "tar pipe" over thet net or something?

cheers,
Raffaele