Help on in.telnetd and route

I am in a local net and I have a default gateway to visit internet.
And I want to provide telnet service to local net.
But there is something wrong with the gateway(win2k),
it  returns the route information very slow.

My route looks like
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
localnet        *               255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
default         192.168.0.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

Sometimes it cost several seconds to complete the "route" program.
And it seems that in.telnetd will wait the route information.
So, the gw affects my telnet service. when telnet to me, login prompt
will appear after waiting sevel seconds. If I do not set the default
route, telnet will show login promp immediately.

How to solve the problem, except fix the gateway?

Regards
Liu Tao