Re: debian 2.2 release 3 and net connect

On Sun, 15 Jul 2001 19:55:42 +0000, Rajesh Fowkar <rfowkar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What happens is when I connect to the net for the first time using wvdial, it
> gets connected but my dns is not working. nslookup just gives the names of
> /etc/resolv.conf dns servers along with the error that no servers not found.
> However if I disconnect wvdial and dial again than everything works fine. Why I
> have to dial twice to make dns work ? Anybody faced this problem with Release 3.

Sorry - I can't shed any light on your 2.2r3 problem - I'm still on 2.2r2
myself - but I *can* confirm I use wvdial without any such problem -
connects first time every time - brilliant piece of software, which needed
almost no setting up.  My /etc/resolv.conf looks just like yours apart from
the actual addresses.

Does your IP stack actually come up properly apart from the DNS ?  Can you
ping any places you should be able to ?  (Like the DNS servers themselves)

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with sendmail.cf.
"It never does quite what I want."