Re: Hard drive repartitioning..

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 03:47:26AM +0200, Petre Daniel wrote:
> Well,i have a pc without a floppy disk,with only cdrom and a 3 gb hard
> drive.
> I've put a first 1,8 gb windows partition and a 1,2 gb debian
> partition.Now,since i'm not using any X thingie,i'd like to know
> an easy way to repartition my hardrive like
> 2,3 gb hdd windows and only 700 megs of debian.
> I don't want to reinstall windows,i can reinstall debian.
> What tool should i use? debians or windows?

I'd use parted, since you already have debian installed (if I understand
you properly).  I'm certainly no expert, but I just used parted to shrink a
FAT32 partition last night, and it worked beautifully.  It seems (from the
docs) that it can also shrink and move ext2 partitions, so it should be
able to do what you want.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/