Re: Grainy X?

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 11:29:57AM -0400, Ken Mead wrote:

| I'm on a a20m IBM laptop, with a ATI rage mobilty vid card. Since I

This Dell has the same card.  ATI Rage Mobility P/M

| upgraded X this morning when I run my window manager in this case
| wmaker, the pixels seem huge and the screen is very 'grainy'
| looking. I have entered the exact sync and refresh rates for both my
| monitor and vid card.

I use the framebuffer stuff (no sync or anything to configure for X!)
and it looks great.  It is easier to read this 15" LCD than the 17"
CRT on my desktop, though there is less screen real estate.  What I
mean is -- I can fit more stuff on the screen with the desktop machine
than I can with this laptop, though both are 1280x1024x16.

HTH,
-D