Re: x-window-system-core_4.1.0-7_all.deb

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 01:37:05PM +0800, Michael Robinson wrote:
> I don't know what you did from 4.1.0-6 to 4.1.0-7, but it broke my Dell i5000e
> (ATI Rage Mobility 128, using ati driver).  The screen was covered with
> random display glitches (correlated with CPU utilization), and when I
> switched back to console mode, the system locked up.
>
> Downgrading to 4.1.0-6 restored normal system operation.
>
> If you need any further information, please let me know.

In the future, please ask for help on the debian-user mailing list
first.

You can always find out what I did to a package by reading its
changelog.

There were no patches applied to the ATI drivers between -6 and -7.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    A celibate clergy is an especially
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    good idea, because it tends to