Re: customizing Emacs

Tuomas Pellonpera wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am trying to customize my Emacs and its cc-mode. I prefer "bsd" style,
> AKA Allman style, to the "gnu" style. With the help of
> http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/emacs/cc-mode_22.html, I was able to
> change the style to "bsd."
>
> However, I noticed that in bsd style the indentation level seems to be 4.
> I would like it to be 3. How could I accomplish this SIMPLE customization?

I belive including (setq c-basic-offset 3) in your .emacs (in your
c-mode-hook) would do that.  (I used it before, until getting tired of
having to reindent every someone else had written...)  Don't know if it
conflicts with bsd-style, but it should just be a mather or seting one
before the other I think.

// Emil