apt-get upgrade to Woody errors out

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.2r17 to woody.

I want to thank the responses for the proper areas to
apt-get from. I did an apt-get update and then
dist-upgrade -d to just download the files last night.

I then ran apt-get with --nodownload option for
dist-upgrade. It was scanning and at 83% I got the
following error:

Template parse error near ""  at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 102,
<TEMPLATES> chunk 2
E: Subprocess /usr/bin/dpkg-preconfig --apt return
error code (29)
E: Failure running script /usr/bin/dpkg-preconfig
--apt

Does anyone know what I did wrong? Any additional help
would be appreciated.

Scott