Xnest refuses connections

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Xnest under Woody. But with no luck. Starting Xnest is
fine:

bash> xterm -display :1 &

However, I cannot get any program to start in the newly created
Xserver/client:

bash> xterm -display :1
AUDIT: Wed Oct 17 20:47:04 2001: 8927 Xnest: client 1 rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
xterm Xt error: Can't open display: :1

I'm guessing this might have something to do with the "I cannot run X
apps as root" questions, i.e. there is some issue with the privileges,
but how should I go about solving this?

TIA,

Jesper

--
          Jesper Holmberg            |"But how can |
  jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr   | one be warm |