Re: Problems browsing a site

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:

> Well, maybe you've convinced me sites should try to avoid java/script
> (I didn't mention it, but this one uses javascript as well as java, I
> believe).  But I still don't understand why I'm having problems with
> this site, given that my browser is java-enabled.

First, don't top post.

Second, how can you expect any help if you don't tell us what web
browser and java plugin you're using, or the url?

> What's your basis for saying such issues render the site inaccessible
> to 1/4 the potential users?

Ummm, slightly exaggerated math?

Not all web browsers support java/javascript.  For some, they
intentionally don't support it, because it's extraneous.  Therefore,
all websites should be functional whether or not the browser supports
j/js.  Otherwise, they're broken.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>