cannot use X 3.3.6 as any user other than root

	I posted previously about not being able to get xdm to work so a user
other than root could use X. I've basically given up on that route because
it seemed that the problem I was having with xdm was to difficult to solve.
Now I would just like to get X usable by another user perhaps through a
different way. I looked for Xwrapper in the packages section on the Debian
site and couldn't find it. Where can I find Xwrapper, or is there another
way that I can get X working for non root users?

Any help or ideas welcome, I'm pretty frustrated

Ian
p.s. just in case someone recognizes this xdm error message and knows how
to solve it, here it is again:

AUDIT: Sun Oct 14 17:21:34 2001: 251 X: client 2 rejected from local host
  Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
/usr/X11R6/bin/xrdb: Can't open display ':0'

When logging in, xdm blinks off and then back on again, asking the user,
including root, to log in again.