Solved: gnome sound

okay, okay.. it's all quite simple.. while it was admittedly stupid to
start gnome with esd while mpg321 was running (which caused the crash
and finally prompted me to carry my grief to this list), my other
problems are rather easily solved because not only is mpg321 "esd-aware"
or rather, can be made so, but xmms and real player are, too.. i just
wasn't able to configure them because because they either didn't start
at all (real) or froze upon startup (xmms).. as said before i disabled
esd for the time being and took a closer look at esd and the apps and
find this solution.. now even the event sounds work which they didn't
before, so maybe i fsck'ed up some more previously.. anyway, if it
weren't for other problems i'd love my gnome again.. more of that in a
seperate thread..

big thanks to everyone again..

	frank.