Re: illegal to link against python 2.x?

On Tue, 2001-10-16 at 23:44, Craig Dickson wrote:
> As for "how could it be changed"... the copyright owner can change the
> license for a new version if they like. The copyright owner is not bound
> by the GPL; the GPL defines how everyone else can use the software.

Hello Craig,

a new version is just a number change or complete code rewrite? As far
as I know, if you release something under the terms of the GPL, just
that piece is "forever". A next version normaly implements older stuff
that was released under the GPL. Is the LGPL the right thing for that?

hope I get it right... ;-)

Timo