Re: programs not appearing on desktop menu

This thread gave me the clues to fix my problem--my Debian menus were
empty. Instead of having to edit the xterm file, I had to edit doc-linux-html, going to (approximately) line 420, and removing the extra quotes from the word "Pocket." Thanks to all, hope this helps somebody else.
Aidan