Re: emacs and KDE

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:04:40AM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:

> I'm trying to run emacs with white text on black background.
> This works in GNOME and all other WM's I tried out. Only KDE
> makes a very strange thing: The background itself is black,
> only where text occurs, the boxes around letters are white, and
> the letters themselves are black again. (If this descriptin is
> too confusing, try out yourselves: "emacs -rv" in KDE will do,
> if  you don't want to change it permanently in your
> .Xresources) Any idea how to change this strange behaviour into
> what it I'm used from IceWM?

Hi,

I had a problem which sounds similar. You could go to the KDE
Control Center -> Look & Feel -> Style, and unselect the "Apply
fonts and colors to non-KDE apps" option.

HTH,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra                    | GnuPG signed/encrypted mail
raghu@mri.ernet.in                | welcome.  Key ID: 03618806.