emacs and KDE

Hi list

I'm trying to run emacs with white text on black background. This works
in GNOME and all other WM's I tried out. Only KDE makes a very strange
thing:
The background itself is black, only where text occurs, the boxes around
letters are white, and the letters themselves are black again. (If this
descriptin is too confusing, try out yourselves: "emacs -rv" in KDE will
do, if  you don't want to change it permanently in your .Xresources)
Any idea how to change this strange behaviour into what it I'm used from
IceWM?

thanks

joerg

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.