DVD Player Software

David Harrigan <david.harrigan@KMSOFTWARE.com> wrote:

|> Therefore, I'm asking this esteemed group which combo of DVD Player
|> software does it for you..plus what limitations does your chosen bit
|> of software have?

Xine is now very mature and very stable. The Debian packages (even in
unstable) lag a little behind, but I've had no trouble compiling and
installing the current version (0.9.1) from source on my Debian
(testing) system.

For legal reasons, the official version does not do any CSS
decryption, but there are a number of excellent plugins available
from a variety of sources which do the needful. All relevant
information is available at:

   http://xine.sourceforge.net/

Jim