Re: Strange message from IMAP: "DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA"

Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

> 	I installed imap package in a Debian GNU/Linux and every time I
> access it there's a new message like this:

You don't prevent it. Leave it alone, just as it told you to.

Nobody "sent" that message; the mail server never saw it. The IMAP
server created it for its own internal use, just as the message says.
This is part of how IMAP works. Did you even read the message before
complaining about it? It tells you all this quite clearly.

If you don't need IMAP, uninstall the imap package, and then you can
delete that message.

If you _do_ need IMAP, then I suggest you only access your mail folder
through IMAP, in which case you will never see that message because
the IMAP server hides it from you.

Craig