Re: Debian books

On Sunday 14 October 2001 16:53, Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions of helpful books that are more directly
> for Debian instead of just general linux?

As a newbie of two and a half months I found one book "Debian GNU/Linux
2.1" From SAMS (ISDN 0672317001) but that 2.1 bit does make a real
difference now that we are on 2.2.

Here are some urls I've found particularly useful:
www.debian.org/releases/potato/installguide/ is a really useful walk
through of the install with plenry of robust advice on what matters and
what doesn't.

www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html is the Apt Howto
(English language version). One debian book I would love to see is an
exhaustive guide to the whole debian package management system.

Nigel
--
Nigel Pauli - I.T. Manager
St. John's School, Northwood, U.K.