Re: apt-get dist-update problem

Thus spake Frank Zimmermann:
> Søren Neigaard wrote:
>

> >Why haven't I got the XF86Setup btw.?
> >
> XF86Setup is, AFAIK, for XFree86 3.x. Thats why you don't have it and
> don't need it. You can try xf86cfg, didn't work for me though since X
> seems to be broken on my system.
>

> >--
> >Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
> >
> Frank

Hello,
The change over to X 4.x has changed a lot of things.  The new tool for
configuring the X server is now (I think - I'm not home right now)
XFree86 --configure - it's not a graphical/text interface but rather an
autodetect tool that will generate an XF86Config-4 file for you.  Look
through the archives, as there are a number of other things that have
changed in the upgrade, and I at least have been bitten by a number of
them.
Good luck,
Steve

--