Re[2]: apt-get dist-update problem

Saturday, October 13, 2001, 4:08:53 PM, dman wrote:

d> On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 03:21:54PM +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:
d> | I just did a apt-get dist-update to testing, and it killed my X.
d> | Why?

d> Probably because you didn't configure X after the upgrade.
Ok ad how do I do this?

d> | When I installed Potato, I got a nice graphic setup screen for X,
d> | where I could setup my mouse, keybord, grapics card and screen. Can
d> | I use this again?

d> Yes, but you need to convert your version 3 config file to the version
d> 4 format.  There were a lot of changes in XFree86 4 and the config
d> file changed as well.

d> HTH,
d> -D

--