X upgrade failure

Hello all,
I'm having a problemthat I just saw the other day.  I just upgraded X to
4.1.0-7 I believe, and it fails on startup.  I get the error "no such
file or directory" when it looks for ~/.xsession, and I remeber seeing
that this is related to a line in one of the new configutration files.
~/.xsession is of course there, although it's permissions are 644 -
perhaps they need to be changed.  Could someone point me to where the
problem is, as I was assuming this would be fixed before it made it into
testing?  Sorry for not paying better attention to things I thought
wouldn't bite me.
Thanks,
Steve
--