Re: bzip2 brings ppp to its knees?

On Sunday 14 October 2001 9:25 pm, Jason Boxman wrote:
> On Sunday 14 October 2001 04:02 pm, Jason Boxman wrote:
[snip]
> > Someone mentioned trying an IRQ priority scheduler or something.  A
> > google search turned this up, which appears to be on the money:
>
> This program is in the "hwtools" package it seems.
>
> > http://www.best.com/~cae/irqtune/
> >
> > I'll have to play with this next time I'm near the 486 (which is 100
> > miles away).  Could be a while.  Maybe it'll fix the problem.
> >
> > Good luck!

Fortunately my box is in front of me, so I've run irqtune (the defaults
are fine for me) and I'll see how I get on. At least ppp is still working
after running it :-) I've also added the low_latency flag to setserial to
see if that helps. Thanks for the pointers.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net
http://www.dbg400.net  DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities