Unidentified subject!

----- original Nachricht --------

> Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net> wrote:
>
> > Package: lynx-ssl
> > Version: 2.8.4.2-1
> >
> > Does the following a lynx bug or is there a way to get lynx behave like
> > other browsers?
>
> It could be a Lynx bug, certainly. Whether or not one should
> dub some behaviour in a brower's interaction with html a bug is
> too complicated a subject for me but following one of the links
> you referred to in "Links" (another text based browser with
> this very silly name) worked ok. so at least you could say that
> Lynx is less fault tolerant than "Links" in this instance.

It is certainly a modified behavior on the part of lynx. Those links used to
work with lynx until recently. More over, there are more examples of this sort
on eBay site.
After reading your message I tend to believe that the problem started with one
of the recent versions of lynx:

[23:36:39 tmp]$ zgrep '+0200' /usr/share/doc/lynx-ssl/changelog.Debian.gz
|head -5
 -- Christoph Martin <christoph.martin@uni-mainz.de>  Thu, 30 Aug 2001
11:13:27 +0200
 -- Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>  Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:45:53 +0200