Re: ext3 patch for kernel 2.4.12

#include <hallo.h>
Rajesh Fowkar wrote on Sun Oct 14, 2001 um 10:37:14PM:

> There is no patch for 2.4.12 for ext3 on the main site.

Yes.

> Is ext3 included in linus's kernel in 2.4.12 ?

No. If I get the point of ext3-discussion correctly, Linus'
modifications in the kernel break to much stuff in ext3 each time, since
2.4.9 or so. OTOH the Linus-releases are not frequent enough to make
reasonable testing of ext3. So use -ac kernels if you wish to have the
latest ext3 versions, or wait some days (weeks) until the ext3
developers ported ext3 from AC to Linus' tree and tested it.

> Please cc your replies to me. I am not on the list.

Why tf don't you look in ext3 archives before asking around?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Der Nachteil an Linux ist, dass man sich irgendwann nicht mehr an den
Installationsvorgang erinnern kann.