Re: bad performance on playing video

Jerry <jerry@digiberg.com> writes:

[Poor DVD playback]
> My X version is 4.1.0,

Good.

[...]

> (II) S3VIRGE(0): Using XFree86 Acceleration Architecture (XAA)
> 	Screen to screen bit blits
> 	Solid filled rectangles
> 	8x8 mono pattern filled rectangles
> 	Solid Horizontal and Vertical Lines
> 	Image Writes
> 	Offscreen Pixmaps
> 	Setting up tile and stipple cache:
> 		18 128x128 slots

Does the log at any point say "Loading extension XVideo"?
Does the output of 'xvinfo' provide anything that looks interesting?

(I have no idea if your using the frame buffer device complicates
matters, nor do I know if X even supports the xvideo extension on the
S3virge)

--
Keith Willoughby
"Playing to lose is like sleeping with your sister.