Re: Software DVD players

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey W Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> writes:

    Jeffrey> VideoLAN is great (www.videolan.org) and Xine works well
    Jeffrey> too (xine.sourceforge.net).

Several months ago I tried one of these (sorry, can't remember which
one) with a DVD, The Matrix.

Every now and again something would go wrong with the audio (which was
done via ESD). ESD (I think) printed a message saying "inserting xx
00s into data stream" (or words to that affect), and from that point
on, sound would be several seconds behind the display. I fixed it, by
pausing the video and restarting it.

Weird. Not that I care that much, I don't use DVD that often. In fact,
I hardly ever use it :-).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>