rxvt & vi

Hi...

First...
I wonder why my rxvt looks weird everytime I quit from vi? the rxvt window
is full of every last commands and its output, and I can't find my cursor
until i blindly type "clear" and press enter.

Second..
Everytime i use vi:
- i never see the "-INSERT-" (press "i", "o", "a" in command mode in vi)
mark at the bottom of my screen noted that i'm in the insert mode? Why? I
need it...How to show it up?
- i should press "i", "o", or "a" everytime i want to go to insert mode
just after every move i've made to another line. why??

thx a lot...
I really need it...