Minimum Potato Files

Greetings,
	Hey, this question has been asked before, and no one gave imo a
really good answer.  What is the minimum installation debs?  There are two
schools of thought.  First, the packages listed in basecont.txt in the
disks-<platform> contained in the base file.  The other is that once you
reboot during installation, select advanced setup, enter dselect, escape
out, and take what's given.  One might think that they would be the
same.
	So, I took the liberty of doing a fresh install with disk 1 of the
2.2r3 dist.  At the prompt to choose simple/advanced, I switched consoles
and did a 'dpkg -l > dpkg_pre.txt', then I entered dpkg, hit escape,
installed the packages, and then did a 'dpkg -l > dpkg_post.txt'!  I also
did a df -k and a df -l.
	Well, it turns out that there are 79 packages in the base dist,
but once you go in and out of dselect, you end up with 169 packages.  It
takes up about 220M of space.
	Attached is a tar.gz file that has the details.  By the way, if
you are planning to make CD-ROM's with the base packages, I suggest
installing apt-move and rsync into a base installation.  Then you
can do an 'apt-move sync' that will fetch all the gory details and create
a mirror of the packages installed in your base system.  It does all the
dirty work with the packages files, etc.

Hope this helps any interested!

Brooks