Re: How to make a local mirror of debian woody from a bsd system

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 05:05:22PM +0200, Gael PEGLIASCO wrote:
> I've already tried it, but I've got the following troubles :
>
> I've encountered problem while using it with the following command line
> :
>
> debmirror /pub/debian --arch="i386" --source --host="ftp.fr.debian.org"
> --root="/debian" --dist=woody
> --section="main,contrib,non-free,main/debian-installer" --getcontents
> --progress > ./debmirror.log
>
> In fact the final mirror does not exceeds more than 300 Mo and seems to
> not take care of the pool directory.
> More, it downloads files from potato archive, like these two :
>
> dists/potato/contrib/binary-all/graphics/tkxanim_0.43-5.deb:
> dists/potato/contrib/binary-all/mail/x-pgp-sig-el_1.3.5.1-3.deb:

That's not a bug, because neither of those two packages has changed
since woody.

The rest I'm not sure of. It could be that ftp.fr's mirror is out of
date. I'd have to see a log with --debug (not sent to the list!) to be
sure.

> Is it a bad used of the program of myself ? Does this script works on
> FreeBSD ?

Providing you're using debmirror 1.38 or later and have the Net::FTP
Perl module installed, I don't see why not.