Re: Working with standards (was Re: Oops, forgot...)

From: "Hall Stevenson" <hallstevenson@mindspring.com>

Finally, what I'm really interested in is the adamant MS-bashers and
when they've last used Windows. If they're soooo against it, I
assume they either never have or it's been 5+ years.

I'm not an "adamant MS-bahser", at least I don't think so ;)
However, I work for a company that is a "Microsoft Partner" so I use Win2k, MSOffice, MS-SQL Server, VC++, etc. at work. I haven't found any reason to bring it home.

I do tweak management just a little when MS Exchange or IIS fail. I only mention (with a mischeivous grin) that it would be an inexpensive experiment to install Debian on one server and let it run Exim (or whatever) and Apache.

I run Sid at home and love it. The only machine at home that runs Win98 is one that my grandson uses for edutainment games. My ToDo list incluses getting WINE installed and running. If it supports his games, Win98 is history.

Peace.

John