Re: apt-get dist-upgrade dropping carrier

--- "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> on Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 11:52:53AM -0700, Hamma
> Scott (scott_hamma@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to upgrade from v2.2r17 to woody and
> have
> > been able to apt-get update. When I do an apt-get
> > dist-upgrade, my ISP drops carrier.
>
> Immediately?  Or after some time?
After some time. The download is approximated at 16
hours and I would see about 8 go through with no
problem.

> apt-get will resume a download in progress.  If
> necessary, force a loop:
>
>     $ while ! apt-get dist-upgrade -d; do :; done
>
> ...will download packages, repeating, until
> successful.

I'll try that this weekend. I'm using pon to connect
to my ISP and when I try to poff, I get no connection
available. However, I wasn't around when it dropped.
Thanks for the info, I think I need to refocus my
attention to the *NIX environment. Wouldn't have
thought of that.