Re: problems with screen on potato

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 08:48:01AM +0200, bruno waes wrote:
> I have a strange problem with 'screen' on my potato debian box, i can start screen with no problem but i cant create a second window, i could before but it suddenly ceased working, it was a bit after i installed ximian that it stopped working, could that be the problem, it has worked god with ximian in the beginning ...
> bruno

   I haven't used ximian, just a hint from:
          /usr/src/kernel-source-2.2.18/Documentation/Configure.help

Maximum number of Unix98 PTYs in use (0-2048)
CONFIG_UNIX98_PTY_COUNT
  The maximum number of Unix98 PTYs that can be used at any one time.
  The default is 256, and should be enough for desktop systems. Server
  machines which support incoming telnet/rlogin/ssh connections and/or
  serve several X terminals may want to increase this: every incoming
  connection and every xterm uses up one PTY.

--
Serafim Zanikolas                                       Proud of running
http://www.it.teithe.gr/~serzan                         Debian GNU/Linux