Re: problems with screen on potato

on Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 08:48:01AM +0200, bruno waes (waesb@drukkerij.moeyaert.be) wrote:
> I have a strange problem with 'screen' on my potato debian box, i can
> start screen with no problem but i cant create a second window, i
> could before but it suddenly ceased working, it was a bit after i
> installed ximian that it stopped working, could that be the problem,
> it has worked god with ximian in the beginning ...

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

Thank you.

> it is like it can not open a new tty ...

You should be able to open a window with <ctrl>-C from within a screen
session.  What if any messages are written?  Are there any messages on
stderr from screen?

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org