Re: ytalk...

Thanks... I'm testing it on the same machine I just installed it...

I see no etrys for talkd in /etc/inetd.conf, there are lines for talk and
ntalk, the user is nobody.tty (I don't know if this could be cousing the
problem) and the user (myself) that i'm trying to ytalk to is not refusing
the connection, it doesn't even know I'm trying.... (root ytalking to
otheruser)...

Can you tell me how to know if talkd is running? I know it is installed...
is there a command to know what deamons are running? I'm sure there is, I
just don't know... Forgive my ignorance, I'm just starting with all this
cool linux stuff...