Re: Accessing Deb package Mirror via LAN on a dial up PPP connection

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 03:05:33PM +0100, Wayne Brown wrote:
| Hi there,
| Could anyone tell me if this is indeed possible and if so point me in the
| right direction:

[ 2 machines on LAN, one WAN connection ]

You can certainly share the WAN connection with the LAN.  This is done
via IP Masquerading.  You can either install the 'ipmasq' package on
the "woody" box and that will set up some basic ipchains/iptables
rules to perform the masquerading or you can read the IP Masq,
ipchains and iptables howtos on Linuxdoc.org and netfilter.samba.org
and write your own by hand.

Since you were specifically asking about package updates, there are
other alternatives with apt, though I am not familiar with them.  I
think there is 'apt-move' or something like that to help with it.

HTH,
-D