Re: Takin' the plunge...

--- Royce Bell <rpbell@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I don't particularly want to go back to
> the command line, but I do
> appreciate the minimalist approach of Unix,
> especially from a security
> standpoint.
>
> Any suggestions to ease the mind and grease the
> process?

I'm using Red-Hat at work (working on setting up a web
server) and I'm using Debian at home.
Check out http://www.debian.org for more on Debian's
standards and practices. It's more of a community
effort. Because it's more flexible, it's harder to
install than Red Hat, but not too hard. If I, a low
down, thrown down VB programmer, can do it, you can!

I've been devoting my extra time (?) to Linux and
while I'm learning slowly, I love the open environment
and the ability to learn. I did it as an act of
defiance to my job. My goal is to get my stuff
together, learn an area and contribute to the cause at
http://newbieDoc.sourceForge.net/

Hope this helps

Scott Hamma