Re: mutt from command-line

hi ya

> on Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 09:35:12AM +0100, P Kirk (patrick@enterprise-hr.com) wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Couple of mutt questions:
> > 1. Is it possible to have mutt sent to a list of addresses from a cron
> > job?  Its for an invite I have to send out regularly and its a pain
> > not being able to use cron.
>
>     $ mutt -s 'Subject text' recipient recipient2 < message
>
> Another alternative is to create a list alias with your MTA, e.g.: mutt.

and if you wanna hide the list of people that the invite is going out to...

a.  create a file  /etc/mail/party.lst
	and create a description ( mail contents ) party.decription.txt

b.  add an entry to /etc/aliases
	party:	:include:/etc/mail/party.lst

	- run newaliases

c.  crontab
	# on the first of the month
	10 0 1 * * mutt -s "Party time"  party -a /etc/mail/party.description.txt

	- might wanna undo the "party" alias if yu do not expect any mails
	to go back and forth thru "party"

c ya
alvin