Re: international characters in mutt

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 09:20:30PM +0200, Andreas Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the following setting in my .bashrc-file to have mutt
> "speaking" English but showing German characters:
>
> # German character set for mutt
> export LC_CTYPE=de_DE.ISO-8859-1

I am trying to solve the same problem (except that I use French
more than German) so I tried LC_CTYPE=fr_FR.ISO-8859-1 mutt.

Recently (Tue, 9 Oct 2001 23:19:52 +0200) there was posted to
debian-users a message with
an id of <200110092119.f99LJqu12958@mailrelay2.mc2.net> and
a subject line of "Le référencement intelligent avec ENGINUS".

The subject line correctly displayed the accented characters but
the same word in the body did not. The message showed

When I saved the message to a separate file and looked at it with
'less' all the accents displayed correctly.

How do we get the header and the body to be displayed similarly?

--
Unhappy country, where the sacred forces that were meant to
support each man's rights are perverted to accomplish themselves