Re: -dbg packages

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 05:12:40PM -0400, Ari Pollak wrote:
| here's a dumb question - how would I use the libgtk1.2-dbg (and, while
| I'm at it, libc6-dbg) packages to debug programs more thorougly? I've
| tried linking with -lgtk_g and -lgdk_g along with the regular libraries,
I haven't used Debian's debug packages yet, but that doesn't sound
right to me.  The debug lib should be identical to the regular lib,
with the exception of not running 'strip' on it.  That is to say that
both should provide the same symbols, so ld is probably resulting in
giving you the regular libraries instead.  Try using just the debug
libs and not the "regular" stripped libs.

HTH,
-D