Re: drivers

* Tom Allison (tallison1@twmi.rr.com) [011008 19:11]:
> Hmm.. I tried upgrading some drivers (orinoco-0.8.tar.gz) by copying
> them into the linux drivers tree (/usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wireless/...)
> but the new modules didn't get installed when I ran 'dpkg -i
> ../kernel_image...'

did they get built? (i.e. do the .o files exist in the build tree?)

> What, if anything, did I do wrong?

maybe nothing wrong, just didn't do enough. Just dropping them in the
tree may not be enough for them to get included in the build process.
I may be wrong about this, but I'd guess that you'd have to set up some
Makefile target and/or config statements? You'd have to see what the
installation docs with the driver say.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.