Re: another question

* MarceI Figuerola Estrada (pfa@tinet.org) [011008 12:02]:
> When I start linux I get a list of error messages which I can't view because the screen scrolls so fast. Is there any way to read them?

The short answer is 'dmesg'. Check out 'man dmesg' for more info, or
just peek in /var/log/dmesg (i.e. 'less /var/log/dmesg'). They may not
be error messages, but simply diagnostic messages. One of the great
things about linux is that rather than show you a moving blue bar, it
actually tells you what it's doing.  Not every message indicates an
error, just a status.

Now onto some lecturing (list etiquette):

Please set your editor to wrap lines at 72 columns. If you need help,
just tell us which editor you're using.

When posting a new question, start a new thread rather than replying to
a previous post. This means you should tell your mailer to compose a new
message, rather than using its 'reply' function. Use 'reply' when you're
replying to something, and use 'new message' when you're starting a new
topic.

Always use an informative and appropriate subject line. This one should
have been "scrolling error messages" instead of "another quetsion.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.