Re: modules.dep 0 bytes on 2.4.10

 On Sunday Oct 07 21:14 Adahma wrote:

 > ** I've just tried to upgrade to the 2.4.10-386 kernel image from
 > ** unstable.  I cannot get it to boot , seemingly because none of the
 > ** modules get loaded.  I noticed that modules.dep in the
 > ** /lib/modules/2.4.10-386 is there, but is empty, showing a file size
 > ** of 0 bytes.  Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong, or what needs
 > ** to be done differently than from previous 2.2 series updates.  I ran
 > ** the 2.4.9 kernel briefly before, but did not encounter this problem.

 There is nothing you made wrong. modules.dep will be generated while
 compiling the kernel if modules of kernel are used. Cause the precompiled
 kernels of Debian has much modules, there can not be an empty modules.dep.
 I think it is a bug in installation script of this package. Or there
 happened a very strange thing on your system. More i can't say to that.
 I use my self compiled kernel. But you could try to copy the modules.dep
 of kernel 2.4.9 into /lib/modules/2.4.10 and use that file instead.

 Timo

 --
 Nothing is impossible!

 You only need to know the way and price.

  :-)