Gnome file manager?

Where is the Gnome file manager? I just installed and started using
Gnome and the panel is nice but I'd like to drop things on my desktop
and that's not working right now. According to the Gnome user's guide:

   The GNOME Desktop is actually provided by a backend process in the
   GNOME File Manager. If, for any reason, that backend process has
   stopped running you may start the Nautilus File Manager again and
   your desktop will be restored. Even if you do have to do this you
   do not need to keep the Nautilus File manager window open to enable
   the desktop.

But where the heck is the Nautilus File Manager?

I'm running testing and it's associated Gnome version.

Thanks,
Gary