Re: 3c905b-TX

Thus spake Mike Atamas:
> I tried to install the drivers during installation. I tried to config it
> with both DHCP and by specifying the IP and it doesnt work. What should I
> do?
>
> Mike
>
> > During the installation, Debian will ask you to install some
> > modules.  You REALLY want to install the 3c59x module (it should be in
> > the net section).  This should initialise your network card.  You can
> > also do this manually using modconf(8).
> >
> > Simon
> >

> --

Where exactly is it failing?  Is it found at boot, or is it only a
problem setting it up with the external network?  Take a look at the
output of dmesg - if you don't see your card show up, then you need to
compile kernel or module support for it.  If you see it show up, but
can't connect, write back - I have an almost identical situation at
home, and I'll try to help you through when I get back there and check
how it's set up.
Good luck,
Steve

--
Reporter:   "What would you do if you found a million dollars?"
Yogi Berra: "If the guy was poor, I would give it back."