Problem with isapnp since kernelupdate

HI GUYS and GALS!

i'm using 'potato'. i have got a raid-controller and so i have had to
update to kernel 2.4.9 to get it working. all compontents works fine,
but i can't persuade my networkcard (ne2000-compatible isapnp) to run :(

if i boot with kernel 2.2.19 the networkcard works correct
if i boot with kernel 2.4.9 (isapnp is compiled into the kernel) the
card won't work. with 'cat /proc/isapnp' i get the information that the
divce is not aktive. it seems to me that the file '/etc/isapnp.conf' is
unnoticed by kernel 2.4???

can someone help me please, so that i'm able to solve this problem, i'm
working now about 2 days to get this thing running...:(

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

kind regards
enton