Which POP3 server to use?

Hello all,

I've been trying to decide which POP3 server to use.

My requirements include:

1) Ability to use PAM for authentication, or have a simple way of extending the authentication to use a highly customized authentication scheme (for which I will write a PAM module) 2) Ability to have a special directory specified where the UNIX mailbox-format files reside
3) Uses standard UNIX mailbox-format files

I've looked at Courier - but that is a whole enormous system (can I use just the POP daemon?). Also, solid POP3, but that is only 0.15, which doesn't necessarily "sound" good. ipop seems not to support PAM. What about Cyrus POP3? That seems like an overkill IMAP solution without 2 and 3 support above.

In the past I have used the qpopper modified for 1 and 2 above. However, I would like to use a more feature filled version (e.g., qpopper does not have UIDL support).

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug